Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day today.
It's a day for love, laughter, and a healthy dose of family. Yesterday we went to my Auntie-in-laws house and had brunch with the whole extended family. I got to see all my favorite little people and big people. I was also able to share my little SweetPea with a few people who haven't met her yet. It was a lot of fun. My husband turned to me at about 2:30 and said "we have to go". I was ready (you really can only take so much!) But as anyone who's ever tried to leave a family gathering knows, it took a reeeeaaalllly long time. After searching for some toys and a hat, we were finally in the car at about 3:00. My husband then turns to me and hands me a business card with 4:15 written on it. He had bought me a foil and cut at a local spa for Valentine's Day! Just about two weeks ago I had been in a rampage complaining that I never have time to take care of myself and I just want to get my hair cut professionally and pampered a little! Wow...he really listened! Good work honey!!
Today we are settling down for some heart shaped pancakes, and some wonderful coffee with Blue Agave sweetener (its a luxury in our house since we can only find it at Trader Joe's). I'll be cuddling with my kiddies today and the husband is planning to take me to dinner and a movie tonight. He may be sucking up for some reason or another, but for now I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

WishingKristen said...

What a great guy! Happy Valentine's Day!