Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why is it so COLD??

The upper Midwest is known for it's unpredictable weather. From tornadoes to heat waves to cold snaps...I just can't wrap my mind around what's going on sometimes!

We are in the middle of a VERY COLD "arctic blast" - is how the weatherman put it. In my book, once it gets below 10 degrees it really doesn't matter what the temp is anymore, it's friggin' cold! Today for instance, we will have a high of -5 degrees...that's right folks, a HIGH of NEGATIVE five degrees!! Can it really be considered a "high" if it is negative? They should just say "the warmest friggin' freezing temperature for today is..."

I'm sorry, when did I move to Antarctica? Actually Antarctica was 7 degrees warmer than here!!

There are so many things I hate about winter (and thus starts my pining for spring!)


  • Dry skin. My hands always bare the brunt of the cold, dry weather. No matter how many times I put on lotion, my hands are always dry and cracked.
  • Rush Hour Traffic. You would not believe how many retarded people come out of the wood work after it snows. It could snow only a half inch and people are still skidding off into the ditch, driving 20 mph on the interstate, slamming on their brakes on bridge decks, and cutting in front of me when I have clearly left only enough room for braking time between me and the car in front of me (that's not a spot for you, it's safety!)
  • Getting into a cold car. I hate having to sit in the parking lot at work freezing my butt off while the car warms up. I've been told by all men and any mechanic that i need to let my car warm up when it is that cold outside...uh what about me?
  • When your eyes water or when you start coughing because the air is so cold. I honestly felt like wearing my ski goggles to work today!
  • When people constantly complain about the weather. It's fun for a good opener to a conversation, but let's leave it at that will ya?
  • People that are going on vacation right now. Inevitably there is always that schmuck at work that is going to Hawaii or Mexico this time of year and can't stop talking about it. Yeah, you're awesome, we get it.
  • Wet puddles of melted snow all over the house. How hard is it to take off your shoes? If you don't like wearing just socks then you should get some slippers. You know who you are!
  • Hats. I hate wearing a hat after I've spent time doing my hair. I would just brush and go, but then you have that one girl at work that always has perfect hair and makes you feel like a slob (she happens to sit right next to me).

Well, I hope that my loyal reader enjoys the weather, because soon we will be complaining about the mosquitoes and the humidity. It never ends!

No comments: