Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fleeting Days of Warmth

Today we are supposed to have a high of 67 degrees! That's darn near 70 and that's the kind of weather that I love. No humidity, nice warm days but cool nights. Unfortunately they are already spreading the S word around here. We had some flurries of s...s...snow on Sunday, but nothing accumulated and that was just fine with me. Saturday was a beautiful day and we decided it was probably the last time we would get out to look at the fall colors. And since the gas prices are seemingly low here for now, we thought it would be fun to drive down to the bluffs along the Mississippi River. The trees there are beautiful, even though we had missed the peak color. It was still a lot of fun. Here is the view from the top of the bluff down into the river valley.
I'm not sure I'm ready for winter. I like being able to walk out the door without 20 minutes of prep. Finding jackets, hats, mittens, and boots is just the tip of the iceberg! First I have to run out and start the car, then wrestle him into his clothes, then find my winter items, then wrestle him into the car seat with all that extra padding, I'm usually sweating before I actually get into the car! I will leave the "driving in the snow" for a later blog, but let's just say I'm not a fan. I'm planning to enjoy these last few days before the ground freezes and the snow flies. Somehow I'll make it through until Spring!

No comments: